aan de hand van
ingevulde custom velden
Do you have a interest for fashion and are you inspired in thinking about current social issues surrounding fashion? Then we are looking for you!
Wij zijn bij State of Fashion op zoek naar een stagiaire voor ons Communicatieteam, voor de periode half januari t/m eind juni 2024. We are looking for an intern for 4 days a week, from Monday to Thursday.
State of Fashion is a fashion platform where alternatives to the current fashion system are given a stage. Explicit and outspoken we connect fashion to the social issues and challenges of our time: inclusivity and fair practice, the impact of globalisation and the climate crisis. The central question is: how can fashion contribute to a better world?
In all our activities, we bring together visionary ideas from home and abroad and explore with our audience alternatives to the dominant industrial fashion system, which causes pollution and inequality worldwide. Once every two years we organise a large-scale public event through which we build on the legacy of the Arnhem Mode Biennale, with a changing team of international curators, exploring issues and engaging audiences in their own unique way.
State of Fashion 2024 | Ties that Bind
The upcoming edition of State of Fashion Biennale, titled Ties that Bind, curated by curators Louise Bennetts and Rachel Dedman, will take place from May 16 to June 30, 2024 in Arnhem. This third edition of the State of Fashion Biennial will be decentralised and held in four locations; the home venue in Arnhem and – starting in early 2024 – in three international sister sites on different continents in the Global South. Global South. In each of these sister cities, the experienced curators/makers Sunny Dolat (Nairobi, Kenya), Kallol Datta (Bangalore, India) and Hanayrá Negreiros (São Paulo, Brazil) have been invited to serve as Interlocutors (conversation partners) to develop a programme in their own local contexts. Together with Louise Bennetts and Rachel Dedman, they form the Biennale 2024 curatorial team.
The program has a focus on presenting contemporary work by fashion and textile makers, designers, artists and/or makers originating from the Global South. The title Ties that Bind reflects the structure of this edition; we focus on connecting people, places and stories from around the world. As a result, it makes us realise what we have in common and what we share. It also refers to weaving and creating fabric and material.
In terms of tasks you can think of;
– you support the Communication team in their daily work
– you support the Communication team in developing and implementing the (online) communications strategy
– you write newsletters and web texts
– you will assist with PR events such as “Friends of” meetings and the Opening
– you help with the development of promotional materials; posters, flyers, banners, advertisements, printed matter, etc
– you support the management of the various social media channels and know how to use them effectively to optimize reach and interaction
you know how to read data such as Google Analytics and can take appropriate marketing actions on it
– 3rd or 4th year MBO/HBO/WO student in e.g. marketing, communication, commerce
– communicative, entrepreneurial and creative
– writes and speaks Dutch and English fluently
– can write various texts well
– you have experience and affinity with online marketing and social media management
– you have experience with working in Google AdWords
– motivated, flexible (no 9 to 5 mentality) and have a positive work attitude
– eager to learn, entrepreneurial and proactive
– have affinity with art and culture
– living in Arnhem or direct surroundings is an advantage
– an instructive and dynamic work environment where assertiveness and creativity are highly valued
– you will be part of a small but very enterprising team
– an independent position with a lot of freedom and responsibility
– the opportunity to build your (international) network
– an internship remuneration of €200 gross per month + travel allowance (if you live outside Arnhem)
Please send your short motivation and CV before 1 December 2023 to email@example.com for the attention of Aimy Eyzenbach, stating internship Marketing & Communication.
For more information please contact us via telephone number + 31 (0)26 303 1940.