State of Fashion 2018 | searching for the new luxury is looking for volunteers!
State of Fashion 2018 | searching for the new luxury is not possible without volunteers. Young or old, studying, working, or retired: everybody is welcome to become a volunteer. State of Fashion is the first international fashion event that focuses entirely on a more sustainable and fair fashion system. The exhibition will take place from 1 June to 22 July 2018 at De Melkfabriek in Arnhem.
As a volunteer of State of Fashion you welcome the visitors of the exhibition and provide practical information. As a volunteer you are the face of our organisation and the first point of contact for our visitors. That is why you must be at least 18 years old, have a proficiency in the Dutch and/or English language, and have a representative appearance.
What we expect from you:
· A friendly, welcoming appearance.
· Flexible attitude.
· Willingness to learn about the theme of the exhibition.
· We must be able to count on you. An available deployment of at least 6 shifts (from 10:30 AM – 6 PM) as a host.
· Travel expenses are not reimbursed by State of Fashion.
What you can expect from us:
· We think it's very important to take good care of you. Therefore, we offer lunch and coffee/tea. During the Friday evening shifts, a meal is provided as well. Together with your team, each day starts with a collective briefing with coffee.
· We provide you with an outfit so visitors will recognise you as part of State of Fashion.
· You are part of an enthusiastic team, supervised by a team leader; you work in an informal atmosphere with many different people, ensuring a good working environment.
· You are actively involved in State of Fashion 2018 | searching for the new luxury and get a unique look behind the scenes as a volunteer.
· Over the coming months, we organise small introductory meetings in which we will tell you more about the event. We will contact you to set a date for the first meeting.
· We work with an online scheduling programme, through which you can check your working data via an app.
· In May, we organise an information meeting for volunteers with the curator of State of Fashion.
· Prior to the opening, there is a special 'sneak preview' for volunteers, so you will be one of the first people to see the exhibition.
· All volunteers receive two regular free entrance tickets to the exhibition.
· All volunteers are invited to a closing party at the end of State of Fashion 2018 | searching for the new luxury.
Does this appeal to you? Then sign up as a volunteer host for State of Fashion | searching for the new luxury.
Public guide (host/hostess)
Each day, a team of about 8 to 10 hosts will welcome visitors to the exhibition. Within the team, the team leader will ensure a good rotation between the different tasks and locations within the exhibition. The team of hosts ensures that entrance tickets are checked, will man the information desk, count visitors, and first and foremost engage with our visitors about the theme of the exhibition. As a host, you will be working on the exhibition floor, or at the entrance.
A number of events will be organised in addition to the exhibition. If you would like to work as an event host - in addition to the 6 shifts working in the exhibition - you can indicate this on the registration form. Your working hours are established in consultation.
Do you want to be our host? Sign up through this link!